Saturday, March 11, 2017

Me.

I always have these great blog posts in my head when I'm running, then I get home and poof. Brain cleared. Nope. All greatness gone. Maybe I need to run with a mini tape recorder? Do they make those still? How funny would I look? *thinks* Okay, yeah, just winging it....no tape recorder.

I had the dumb amazing idea to blog about my marathon training, and how it went, and how I feel, and show y'all pictures of my blisters myself in all my glory. But until I start training I figured I'd just start and see how this goes. I may hate it and y'all will never know about my training. Unless we're Facebook friends, and then that shit will be BLASTED! Whoops, sorry. I will try to keep the cursing to a minimum.

So I started running in 2012 or so to lose weight, then I decided to run a 5k, then a 10k, then a half marathon, and I was like oh yeah this is fun, let's run a full 26.2 miles, because why not? Well, I got injured, gained some weight (why can't cupcakes be calorie free? Is that really too much to ask in this day and age for pity's sakes?!), and kinda stopped running. Then I kinda started running again. But now I'm 30lbs heavier and a lot slower, but hey, at least I get my money's worth from race entries! I am running a half marathon next weekend and hopefully the full marathon in October, but we shall see if everything works out.

Until then, I'll try and regale you with stories of something my awesomeness so you'll be super ready to read about my training and how awesome that it! And I promise not to show any pictures of my blisters.

2 comments: