Saturday, March 18, 2017

Running is hard, y'all.

Maybe not for everyone. I see so many people that run every day and they look fantastic doing it. They're fast, they're swift, they look fabulous...me? Not so much. I'm slow, I'm lumbering, I look like I'm dying, but dang it, I'm determined. Running is hard for me. It will never be something that comes easily to me. And that's okay. I don't have to be a swift cheetah, because I am a determined turtle. I am determined to be the best I can be. To be better than the other day. To keep running for the old me, the fat me, to run for my inner fat girl that keeps telling me to just sit on the couch and eat donuts. All the people that give me "that" look when I say I'm a runner. To run for those girls that don't think they are runners because they are bigger, or slow, or whatever. Honey, if you run, you're a runner! No matter how slow, or how far, no matter if you walk some too. You are a runner; I'm a runner. WE. ARE. RUNNERS. It's hard, but truly, nothing in life that is worthwhile is easy. And this, this is so worthwhile. So, be a cheetah or be a turtle, just get out there and go!

No comments:

Post a Comment